Board of Commissioners
SJI Fire & Rescue is governed by the elected, three member Board of Commissioners for San Juan County Fire District #3.
Board members are elected at-large, and serve a six-year term (RCW 52.14.060).
- Frank Cardinale (Chair)
- Albert Olson (Vice Chair)
- Dwight Colley
Executive Team Bios
Frank Cardinale (Commissioner, Chair)
- 36.5 years with San Francisco Fire Department, worked through ranks to Assist. Chief
- 2 years as Director of Training for Fire and EMS for San Francisco FD
- Involved when San Fran FD took over EMS and transport from County
- 36 years as an EMT and EMT instructor
- 20 years as instructor for the National Fire Academy in ICS and Operations
Albert Olson (Commissioner, Vice-Chair)
- Over 50 years as a Fire Commissioner in both fire only and fire/EMS organizations.
- Commissioner when 3 Island County Fire Districts merged
- 10 yrs as a District Fire Chief
- 12 years as an EMT
- FireFighter since 1967; retired as a volunteer firefighter in 2018
Dwight Colley (Commissioner)
new commissioner background coming soon.
Norvin Collins (Dept. Chief)
- 12 years as Fire Chief (10yrs in Small Combination Fire and EMS department)
- Over 15 years as a Chief Officer
- Over 32 years as a paramedic (both private and public agencies)
- 10 years Field Training Officer for Fire and EMS
- 12 years as lead paramedic and EMT instructor for College and University
- Over 27 years in fire service as FF/Paramedic and company officer